Laborer/Field Technician w/ CDL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
APPLY NOW! $2000 sign on bonus to be paid to candidates who are hired! (Current employees of Tri-State Utilities or affiliated companies are not eligible for sign-on bonus)
Tri-State Utilities is looking for Laborers/Field Technicians! Founded in 1990, National Underground Group’s Tri-State Utilities division provides pipeline rehabilitation of sewers and storm drains using trenchless pipelining technologies, including the cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) process and other industry-leading technologies.
Tri-State clients include municipalities, federal agencies and their partner engineers, and general contractors. Additional Tri-State services include pipe cleaning, CCTV inspection, smoke, and dye testing, grouting and HDPE sliplining. Tri-State Utilities is in Chesapeake, VA with a branch office outside of Charlotte in Denver, NC.
The company’s field workers bring years of experience and industry knowledge to each job, allowing Tri-State to deliver high-quality results to customers each day. Maintaining quality control from planning through wet-out and field installation is Tri-State’s goal.
The Tri-State team is committed to hiring top-performing individuals seeking long term employment with growth opportunities and benefits. We want to offer you competitive pay, a generous benefits package, and opportunities for advancement.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Company paid, on-the-job training (1-4 months)
- We offer career advancement
Your Responsibilities as a Laborer/Field Technician:
- Assist with setup and break down of traffic control, as well as all equipment.
- Safely operate vehicles on behalf of the company. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections of all vehicles.
- Working safely around equipment, machinery, and bio-hazards, such as blood borne pathogens and sewage.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Install sewer, water, or storm drainpipes, using pipe-laying machinery or laser guidance equipment.
- Operate or maintain air monitoring or other sampling devices in confined or hazardous environments.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull heavy objects.
What We Need from You (Our Requirements):
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) required.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Ability to enter, exit and work in confined spaces (manholes, storm drain structures, Pump stations, Etc)
- Ability to work a workday that normally starts at 6:30am and goes until 5:00pm or when the work is done for the day, whichever comes first. May be required to work nights at times.
- Ability to travel out of town for up to four nights a week, sometimes several weeks out of each month. (Hotels and per diem provided by TSU)
- Ability to be around strong chemical odor, under safe exposure conditions.
- Must be able to wear a respirator properly and safely, as well as standard OSHA approved hard hat and safety vest for the duration of the workday.
- Possess a clean driving record over the last 3 years and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, including a physical and drug screen.
National Underground Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all applicants are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
EngineeringView all jobs at Tri-State Utilties