Natural Gas Cathodic Protection Technician
- $63,000 to $82,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Medical , Retirement
SUMMARY: Maintain, survey, inspect, and repair cathodic protection systems used to protect metallic structures from corrosion in the natural gas industry. Applicant must be qualified for these duties in compliance with industry standards and testing methodologies, with a solid knowledge of corrosion principles, cathodic protection theory and application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the Cathodic Protection Technician will be expected to perform some, or all of the duties listed below as well as other duties as assigned.
- Must comply with DOT and OSHA health, safety and environmental requirements and follow safety philosophy and procedures developed by the Company.
- Actively engage in safe behavior and understand and follow the principles and methods related to industrial and workplace safety.
- Possess the ability to interpret O&M manuals, drawings, specifications, alignment sheets and procedure manuals.
- Conduct or coordinate cathodic protection system testing, surveys, and inspections.
- Evaluate test or inspection results to identify potential issues and make recommendations to correct any deficiencies to improve the operator's cathodic protection system.
- Perform or coordinate maintenance on existing cathodic protection systems by energizing, testing, adjusting, and troubleshooting all related equipment.
- Evaluate the reliability, usefulness, and cost of new corrosion control equipment and recommend new corrosion control systems or revisions to existing facilities.
- Prepare technical written reports recommending changes in the operator's current cathodic protection standards, procedures, and practices all based on data analysis and industry standards.
- Effectively communicate and report to upper management personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures, policies, equipment operating parameters, and all applicable DOT, EPA, FERC, and OSHA requirements and following natural gas pipeline procedures.
- Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures, policies procedures, equipment operating parameters, and all applicable DOT, EPA, FERC, and OSHA requirements.
- Cathodic protection industry standards, procedures, methodologies, materials, systems and similar.
- Technician is required to operate multimeters, line locators, insulator testers, soil resistivity meters, current interrupters, and other similar cathodic protection instrumentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to transmit and receive information within and outside of the company.
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate work and promote a positive work environment.
- Honesty and integrity
- Respectful of coworkers, clients, suppliers, inspectors, and other personnel with whom you will be in contact.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Job Flexibility
- Sound work ethics
- The position requires frequent lifting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, walking, climbing, and crouching during maintenance, inspection, testing, repair, and surveying cathodic protection systems.
- The duties of this position are primarily performed in an outdoor setting with frequent exposure to external weather and electrical hazards.
- Minimum four years’ work experience in the cathodic protection field conducting cathodic protection surveys, testing, and similar.
- High school degree or certificate.
- NACE CP-1, NACE CP-2, or Parallel Path
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- NACE Cathodic Protection Technician (CP-2) Certification or higher
- Collage degree in associated field preferred
We seek an experienced, detail-oriented Bookkeeper to oversee our company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books and files on all financial transactions. Our bookkeeper will be an integral part of our team, working with purchasing, inventory, sales, and management to maintain company profitability and exceed our customers’ expectations. Our ideal candidate has a strong bookkeeping background, a positive can-do attitude, and works well with others.
Tri-State Meter and Regulator Service, IncMemphis, TN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.