Tri State General Contractors Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
GENERAL CONTRACTOR is seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our team for projects in Albuquerque, NM. We specialize in retail and commercial construction, including new construction, tenant improvements, remodels, and design/build projects. We are licensed in CA, AZ, NV, HI, ID, UT, WA, NM, OK, and TX.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for managing and supervising the work of subcontractors on the project.
•Manage day to day operations of the construction site.
• Thoroughly review & understand plans, specifications & schedule.
• Schedule and direct subcontractor’s activities at specific sites to ensure a productive and safe workplace for all employees, customers, vendors, and operators.
• Inspect and manage all materials and tradesmen so that all facets of the project are constructed in compliance with the project plans & specifications.
• Superintendent is in charge of all jurisdictional inspections including local building officials, health department, fire department, special Inspections, public works, and owner walks.
• Maintains project schedule and directs subcontractors in accordance with the schedule.
• Obtains final project final inspections & certifications of occupancies and compliance.
• Assists Project Manager with project financials. Tracks and manages GC costs. Manages owner and subcontractor's requests for extra work.
• Assists Project Manager in compiling all closeout documents, i.e. as-builts, warrantee documentation & OEM manuals.
• Responsible for conducting weekly on-site safety meetings and is responsible for ensuring all subcontractors adhere to the onsite safety policies & procedures.
• Responsible for completing the daily logs on a daily basis by the end of the business day.
• Responsible for coordinating owner’s vendors & equipment.
• Reviews all submittals.
• Takes leadership for punch list issuance and completion.
• Ability to travel long distances to various job sites; ability to walk through the construction site during the construction phase and review subcontractor work at the job site in varying weather conditions, i.e. heat & cold.
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and or scaffolding to verify and direct means and methods and verify work is in compliance with contract documents.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk.
· Must be able to travel.
• Employee may be required to work swing and/or night shifts to ensure that the project is on track and schedule.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Excellent Computer Skills and Detailed Paperwork a must
· Ability to read and thoroughly understand plans and submittals
· Wood Framing Retail Experience a plus
· Walmart Certified a plus
· Pharmacy experience a plus
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Problem-solving abilities
· A demonstrated knowledge of building systems. (Architectural, MEP, etc)
· Highly motivated with great organizational, team, and customer service skills.
Please include any special training and certifications.
• Competitive Salary
• Car Allowance
• Medical/Dental/Vision/401K/Vacation/Sick Leave
If you meet our qualifications, please forward your resume along with a cover letter
Tri State General Contractors
Successful company that treats all employees like family from day one! Our culture is based upon respect, hard work, and celebrating accomplishments. We love what we do.