Carpentry General Foreman
- Posted: over a month ago
Commercial Retail General Contractor specializing in Big box Retail Remodels and Ground ups seeking skilled Commercial Retail Foreman to Manage Teams of Carpenters, Framers, Drywall Tapers and Finishers.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS.
MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL.
MUST HAVE RETAIL CARPENTRY, FRAMING, OR DRYWALL EXPERIENCE.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and hardworking individual. We are a well-established growing Commercial/Retail Construction Company with excellent opportunities for advancement.
Previous Experience in Millwork/Finishes installation for Wal-Marts, Vons, Albertsons, Safeway, CVS etc. is a PLUS.
Competitive salary or wage based upon experience.
Applicant must have Retail/Commercial Carpentry experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force including assistants, foremen, finish carpenters, carpenters, framers, and tapers
· All site visits are to have a purpose. Utilize site visit checklist and provide feedback and direction to Foreman and Carpentry Team based on expectations. Make sure to provide positive feedback along the way as well.
· Assist Carpentry Division Project Management in the supervision and responsibility of the total construction effort in accordance with design, budget, quality, and schedule.
· Assist with providing technical assistance (interpretation of drawings, recommendation of construction methods and equipment, etc.), and layout.
· Inspection of Carpentry Team's operations to ensure compliance with Contract and Quality Control.
· Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of GC, Owner, Architect/Engineer and Partners.
· Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Leadership.
· Development of Quality Assurance & Controls; Conduct quality inspections.
· Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
· Monitor costs, including labor time and material.
· Work with Safety Compliance Officer to communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
· Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others.
· Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
· Review Foreman’s Daily Reports to document weather and field conditions, manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project, as well as Accident Reports, Quality Reports, etc.
· Review and approve Time Cards daily for all Foreman and confirm Carpenter’s time cards are being reviewed and approved daily by the Foreman.
· Conduct Carpentry Team meetings.
· Attend and participate in project meetings.
· Attend bid walks and CM walks and report all notes to Estimating and Project Management.
· Providing training and education to support field foremen and tradesmen
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 5-10 years experience in construction
•Experience in reading and understanding plans and drawings
•Knowledge of construction & building codes
•Excellent Computer Skills and Detailed Paperwork a must
•Must have reliable transportation
•Ability to Travel
•Must be able to work nights if applicable.
Tri State General Contractors
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?