Tri State Ford in East Liverpool, OH is currently seeking a customer service representative for its service department.
• Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
• Writes a brief description of the customer's concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
• Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
• Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
• Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare work order for needed repairs.
• Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
• Handles customer complaints.
• Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
• Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
• Establishes customer's method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
• Notifies dispatcher of incoming work.
• Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
• Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
• Ensures that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Makes sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly.
• Keeps service department forms, menus and pricing guides up‐to‐date.
• Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
• Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Keeps work area clean.
- 3-5 years prior customer service experience required.
- Prior experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.