Customer Care Representative
- $64,400 Yearly
Tri Pointe Homes is about more than homes, we are about people. We are committed to changing the lives of our customers and employees. Our passion for creating communities does not end with our customers. If this sounds like a career for you, apply to be a part of our great team.
Tri Pointe Homes DC Metro is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Customer Care Representative.
Position Highlights: To deliver great customer experiences to homeowners, while following company expectations.
- Respond to homeowner issues in a timely, efficient, neat, courteous, professional, and appropriate manner - related to warranty items that need repair, within the parameters of the warranty manual, company brand/ division guidelines, and Customer Care department’s policies and procedures (this includes communicating in person, phone, email or text).
- Perform accurate assessments of all service requests submitted by homeowners (to determine what is covered, not covered).
- Build strong relationships and maintain appropriate and regular contact with homeowners, Customer Care Coordinators, and trade partners with updates regarding Customer Care requests, product information, and warranty coverage details.
- Conduct follow-up communications with homeowners and trade partners to ensure 100% of all warranty repairs have been completed timely to the homeowner’s satisfaction.
- Actively participate in Eliant Survey reviews and follow up with homeowners and trade partners to increase survey response rates and satisfaction results.
- Perform quality control inspections and homeowner orientation within company guidelines.
- Complete all work orders, orientations/quality walks, purchase orders, and any other Customer Care documents or essential work processes, as assigned, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Control and be responsible for all warranty costs. Understand regular hourly rates and not to exceed amounts. Negotiate with trade partners and/or investigate above normal estimates and invoices. Track individual expenditures in Concur or other accounting programs.
- Work collaboratively with sales and construction team members, attend weekly site team meetings, and work with supporting trade partners to deliver quality new homes. Point out any special conditions or issues on existing properties to customers.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date product and home care knowledge to provide feature, function, and benefits information to homeowners and set proper maintenance and performance expectations.
- May assist construction team members to ensure the proper preparation and quality control finish of each new home before delivery to homebuyers.
- Collaborate with Sales team members to ensure model homes are maintained in excellent condition and are always presentable to homebuyers.
- Update Customer Care database and/or IT application systems with scheduling dates, service providers, and other information required.
- Coordinate and schedule trade partners to perform necessary Customer Care repairs in the homeowner’s home. Create and confirm accurate schedules for Customer Care requests that may require more than one trade.
- Thoroughly understand scopes of work and engage trade partners to improve quality and efficiency.
- Perform minor home repairs, adjustments, and modifications for homeowners. This may be a scheduled event, or it may occur during a homeowner emergency.
- Track and review industry trends and work with production and purchasing departments on improvement opportunities. Seize opportunities to benchmark and share best practices with other division offices and departments.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, civil, and clean work environment within all work sites. Abide by individual employee safety policies, stay up to date with job site safety training and guidelines, and exercise the courage to intervene and report any unsafe work conditions.
- Regularly review Customer Care reports and data to identify and execute areas for improvement.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 3 months of demonstrated experience in home construction including Customer Care or repair; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of residential, customer care, or construction field experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Frequent balancing, standing, walking, sitting, listening, and speaking.
- Extensive driving from location to location.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, crawling, lifting, and/or moving up to 50 pounds
Tri Pointe Homes was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified company for 2021-2024. To find out more and view our certification click HERE.
At Tri Pointe Homes, we are intentional about fostering an environment where you, and all individuals, are encouraged to be their authentic selves. We embrace individuality and strive to be consciously inclusive of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives in every aspect of our business. We believe our company’s strength relies on the diversity of the team and the unique, innovative ideas everyone contributes.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, if you are a California resident, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we collect about job applicants, employees and their emergency contacts and beneficiaries, and independent contractors. Please click here for a description of our personal information collection practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we make employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and are committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for an open position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Tri Pointe Homes Holdings, Inc.
12435 Park Potomac AvenuePotomac, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.