- Posted: over a month ago
Tri-Pac, Inc. a contract development and manufacturing company (CDMO) specializing in liquid and aerosol filling for personal care and pharmaceutical marketers, is seeking an experienced Operations Manager for immediate addition to our fast growing team.
The Operations Manager is expected to be a key contributor to ongoing initiatives, demonstrating strong change management, growth and operational improvement competence. He/she is committed to promoting and adhering to EHS initiatives, demonstrates integrity, has strong communication skills and demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of the manufacturing operations including safety, quality, maintenance, cGMP and EHS.
- Facilitate, coach, counsel and guide the manufacturing work group to ensure they can deliver yearly results.
- Spend 60% time on floor oversight, 30% on office/admin and 10% on other (meetings, etc.).
- Educate, develop, and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve required production results.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures to achieve stated goals.
- Establish goals and objectives and assure performance of such is met at the lowest cost and highest quality.
- Strive for continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes to ensure efficiencies and eliminate waste, and implement such plan through people, processes, procedures and equipment.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, quality returns, holds and repair expenses.
- Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to plant goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead and drive the effort to completion of Key Performance Indicators as a minimum.
- Ensure effective interchange of information between all work groups.
- Create an environment where all employees are encouraged and developed to reach the full potential in meeting company goals.
- Exercise direct supervision over general supervisors and line supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
- Meet financial objectives and goals by forecasting requirements, support the annual budget process.
- Review production costs and production quality and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of plant.
- Direct and lead all operations to achieve monthly profit results with a focus on operations output.
- Ensure and oversee that all EH&S & OSHA regulations are enforced.
- Facilitate and direct maintenance to optimize machinery utilization.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Plant.
- Commitment to EHS –Continually demonstrate an unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of health and safety of the workforce and be a leader in ensuring the company maintains its high levels of environmental performance.
- Unquestionable Integrity - Demonstrates the highest degree of integrity when engaging with associates, distributors, and stakeholders. Leads ethically by example and fosters a culture firmly grounded in the values of the organization.
- Strategic and Agile Thinking - Strong strategic capabilities and overall business acumen. Financially savvy and understands the economic levers behind improving EBITDA and other key metrics. Fact-based, data-driven and analytical. Creative mindset with the ability to identify and mobilize around new opportunities very quickly.
- Collaborative Style – Engages stakeholders in problem solving and decision making. Is adept at bringing people together to tackle issues rather than dictate solutions. Has an inclusive working style and is professional and courteous. Builds strong relationships both internally and externally and is both confident and humble.
- Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels. Excellent listening skills.
- Leadership Capability - Has the leadership skills and credibility to work across the entire organization and develop talent. Should be hands-on, but able to delegate appropriately with the ability to motivate, inspire and commit an organization to a course of action and achieve results.
Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10+years’ experience managing in a continuous operation and GMP environment.
- Experience leading teams in a filling / packaging manufacturing facility required.
- Experience with liquid, lotion, creams and aerosol processing and filling is preferred.
- Proven track record of strong safety performance is a must.
- Ability to understand processes and solve problems.
- Ability to put together and manage operating budgets.
Competitive Salary/ Pay & Packages, Vacations, Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability (Long term/ Short term) and Continuous Training. Work where you are HAPPY! Tri-Pac, Inc. also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with Tri-Pac, Inc.
Tri-Pac, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
To Staffing & Recruitment Agencies: Our Company does not accept unsolicited CV's or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV's or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
All employees are mandated to wear masks while in any of the facilities. All employees are mandated to wear face shields, booties, hair nets and other PPE as required.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSouth Bend, IN
BusinessView all jobs at Tri-Pac Inc