Tool Room Apprentice
Tri-Mack Plastics Bristol, RI
- Expired: August 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: This position is responsible for learning to perform the operations required to fabricate injection molds and other tooling / fixtures. It includes the operation of all manual and CNC equipment located in the Tool Room. The work assignments may include reading and understanding blueprints, tool making, touch off of tools, layout, set up, minor machine maintenance, tool preparation and machine operation. The position requires the ability to work closely with more senior toolmakers to gain the required experience. It also requires the ability to work independently, adhere to strict safety guidelines, maintain a clean work area and keep all equipment in good, working condition.
TOOL ROOM APPRENTICE
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Learn to perform all required machine operations located in the Tool Room to construct, alter or repair injection molds, jigs, fixtures, dies and gauges. This includes flat/form grinding, vertical milling, turning, conventional EDM, wire EDM, tool fitting/assembly and troubleshooting.
- Operate CNC milling machines in the Tool Room as required.
- Assist in tool maintenance and preparation as required.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Perform all measurements necessary to ensure that components meet the drawing requirements.
- Support and adhere to ISO 9001 as described by the Tri-Mack Plastics Quality Manual and supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health and safety. Adhere to all state and federal laws concerning hazardous materials.
- Physical ability to stand, bend, sit and lift up to 40 pounds for 8 to 12 hours per day.
- All other assigned duties.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with some related experience.
- Prior experience with tooling and machinery is preferred.
- Strong mechanical background and skills are preferred.
- Basic computer and math skills is required, blueprint reading skills is preferred.
- Physical ability to properly move molds and other equipment as needed. Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand for 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work independently, get along with others and show up ready to work each day.
Tri-Mack Plastics is an engineering driven custom manufacturer for the aerospace, chemical, and medical industries. We inject mold engineering grade resins and machine the molded parts to tight tolerances using CNC milling and CNC turning centers. We are located in Bristol, Rhode Island and have been in business since 1971.
- Tri-Mack Plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. Tri-Mack is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tri-Mack Plastics