Material Handler- Allentown, PA
Tri-Dim Filter Corp Allentown, PA
- Expired: July 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
1. Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist
2. Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
3. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
4. Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
5. Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
6. Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer's purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
7. Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
8. Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
9. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
10. Required to make pick ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company van.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical equipment such as fork lifts. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach/lift with hands and arms up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time hourly position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday,
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of manufacturing related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Licensed forklift truck operator.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Tri-Dim Filter Corp
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Tri-Dim Filter Corp