Registered Practical Nurse, Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual Opportunities, Nithview Community
- $26 to $30 Hourly
- Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Registered Practical Nurse Long-Term Care
Nithview Community, Tri-County Mennonite Homes
New Hamburg, ON
About Nithview Community:
Nithview Community is a seniors' community designed to provide several types of accommodation and services. Residents are able to choose the type of accommodation that is most appropriate for their care needs and continue to live within the community of care as their needs change. Emphasis is placed on assisting residents to live life to the fullest in this dynamic residential setting.
About the Position:
The Registered Practical Nurse is accountable for the provision of optimum care services related to resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
As a valued member of the team, the Registered Practical Nurse demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization's vision and mission.
$25.80 to $30.12 Hourly
- Days & Evenings:
- 3pm - 11pm
- Straight Nights - 11pm-7am
- All positions require availability to work every other weekend
- Casual positions require availability of one weekend per month
- A Weekend Shift Premium of $2.00 hourly applies to all hours worked between 10:00pm on Friday and 6:00am on Monday.
- A Night Shift Premium of $0.40 hourly applies to all regular hours worked between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
- The successful candidate may claim consideration for recent, direct, Canadian experience in the same job classification in order to move up the wage grid according to their hours of experience.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current AIS Certification
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
- Current Medication Administration certificate (if applicable).
- Post graduate studies in Geriatrics and Nursing Administration an asset.
- Minimum one-year experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care as an RPN preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sound nursing knowledge in geriatric care and nursing administration.
- Knowledge of Long-Term Care legislation, Long Term Care Homes Act and Resident's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities to lead unregulated healthcare workers and provide effective care.
- Well organized and goal oriented to be able to manage the resident home area and assign duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, email, internet use and computerized documentation.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required
About Tri-County Mennonite Homes:
What we Offer:
- Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities
- Pension plan
- Health and dental benefits
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Training opportunities and career development
- Employee appreciation lunches and events
- Employee Assistance Program
- An employee Social Committee
- Tuition support programs
- Employee pricing on meals from our kitchen
- A positive and supportive working environment
New employees will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check and TB test as part of the onboarding process.
Tri-County Mennonite Homes does not require COVID-19 vaccination as a part of the onboarding process, however TCMH continues to strongly recommend "up-to-date" COVID-19 vaccinations.
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is a leader in providing services to seniors and adults with developmental disabilities. With dedicated staff and volunteers, we operate three divisions: Greenwood Court in Stratford, Nithview Community in New Hamburg, and Aldaview Services in New Hamburg. Our mission is "Making Every Day Matter".
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with our Human Resources Consultant.
Tri-County Mennonite HomesNew Hamburg, ON
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.