Tri-Co Communications, a Motorola Solutions Inc. Manufacturer Representative and Elite Service Partner, is currently searching for an Outside Sales Representative (Manufacturer Representative).
We have openings in our Ocala and Lecanto Offices. If you are a confident, positive and creative thinker, enjoy building relationships, can work independently AND are looking for a rewarding career… we need to talk to you. Previous outside sales experience is desired with an understanding of positioning various IT-based solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop a “trusted advisor” role with all of our clients. Ability to engage in IT conversations and great presentations skills are a must. You will be talking to high-level executives, so if you’re not comfortable in that kind of environment, please do not apply.
Responsibilities include optimization and support of complex communication systems.
- Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including advanced troubleshooting of software-driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and broadband architecture including (but not limited to) legacy analog, advanced digital P25, and data infrastructure.
- Program, configure, optimize, test, and document complex communications systems.
- Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration, and maintenance to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls, and bridges.
- Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Must have strong knowledge of RF systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
- Must have strong knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
- Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
- Must be self-motivated to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision • Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- Able to work as a member of a team which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Duties may also include: Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with a focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues
- Completely familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques • Team with engineering, project management, and sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations Specific Knowledge/Skills: Trained in Basic Electronics. Unique combinations of both strong multi-site RF communications system and computer/networking skills are required.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate high-level systems expertise and have a minimum of 6 years of related experience with Motorola base stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, etc.), consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100), channel banks and T1 circuits, and computer IP networks.
- Experience working with RF infrastructure technologies to include Motorola Astro 25, SmartZone, Smartnet, console systems, ASTRO conventional and trunked equipment is strongly preferred.
- Can perform most integration, troubleshooting, and system management tasks at a Motorola Astro 25 Master site.
- Can perform all project-related remote site tasks such as antenna systems analysis, R56 audits, backhaul link verification, RF equipment optimization, transmit combiner tuning, receive multicoupler • optimization, documentation, etc.
- Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems, and networking equipment
- Proficient in the use of test equipment (i.e., T1 and Ethernet testers, antenna systems analyzers (FDR's), communications systems analyzers, spectrum analyzers, Cat 5 and cat 6 cable testers, digital wattmeters, TIMS, etc.).
- Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software, and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Ideally, the individual should have at least one network certification (CompTIA Network +, CCNA, NRS1 or related certification) and possess CET Master or Associate certification
- Applicant must be proficient with Google Suite products and Motorola Customer Programming Software suite.