This is a great opportunity for anyone with a career history of steadily rising responsibilities and a successful track record of building high quality homes at a fast pace. We need an adaptable, personable, and proactive team leader to own this position. If your past supervisors' rate you as a 9 or above, where 10 is excellent, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of production construction projects (Up to 500 homes per year)
- Coordinate with independent contractors to efficiently manage our production schedule
- Coordinate with suppliers, ordering construction materials as needed.
- Inspect all deliveries, ensuring the materials are the right quantity and quality and are properly placed at the job site.
- Monitor quality of all workmanship in detail. Stop work when necessary and provide training to independent contractors as needed.
- Proactively maintain daily communications with independent contractors and suppliers to ensure timely completion of work.
- Verify and approve invoices for completed, satisfactory work.
- Track, code, and report on construction costs.
- Manage the final punch and close out process.
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to resolve construction and budget issues.
- Ensure all site policies are adhered to, especially safety and cleanliness standards.
- Manage warranty issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide regular communication with custom homeowners to inform them of progress on their homes and build and maintain goodwill throughout the construction process.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Owner
- Ability to read, understand, and explain construction blueprints and floorplans.
- Must possess deep expertise in production construction practices.
- Proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for demanding clients.
- Deep knowledge of industry safety practices.
- Excellent computer skills, Multiple years of MarkSystems ERP is a MUST
- 8-10 years prior experience as a Project Manager / Superintendent for a Top 150 builder is a MUST.
- A skilled tradesman with exemplary supervisory experience may be considered
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree a plus!
- Professionalism in manner and attire.
- Please have job related references prepared if selected for interview.
- Willingness to travel to construction site(s) daily. This is a field management position.
- Willingness to work weekends and extended hours as necessary to meet production milestones.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 pounds, push and pull heavy items on a regular basis, stoop, kneel, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
As a third generation home builder, Ryan Cantrell has been building homes since 2002. We aim to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of home buyers in the Southwest Missouri area. We are looking for very experienced type A-player that can lead field production and help the company grow to the next level.