TrendHR is working with a client in Rockwall who is hiring Fabricators for creative design work on a direct hire basis. The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role, and work very well in a fast paced environment. You will lay out and execute the construction of metal and framework for assigned projects based on Technical Director’s drawings and Creative Designer renderings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read, interpret, and build from construction drawings as assigned by Technical Director.
• Interpret and build from sketches, photos, video, or other media as assigned by Technical Director.
• Lay out steel construction efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy prior to welding.
• Measuring, cutting, and bending of steel components for construction.
• Steel cleaning and cleaning supervision when working with scene shop interns.
• Operation of the all of the following equipment; MIG welder, drill press, horizontal band saw, portable band saw, abrasive saw, angle grinder, roller bender, tap & die.
• Participate in scenic transfers to and from warehouses, theaters, and rehearsal halls as needed.
• Willingness to transfer to carpentry shop when steel work is light.
• Participation in all load-ins and load-outs.
• Work in a safe, efficient, and organized manner.
• Any other tasks as requested by the Technical Director or PM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in carpentry/metal-working.
• Must be able to safely operate a MIG welder.
• Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
• Knowledge of industry-standard safe rigging practices.
• Knowledge of forces and load distribution.
• Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative manner.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE APPLY NOW