Junior Software Engineer
- Expired: October 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Junior Software Engineer
Treeswift builds and deploys nature's robots. Our mission is to build the sensory and data platform for nature. Our launch product is a robotic inventory data platform for timber and carbon, powered by drones that fly inside forests. We are a team of passionate innovators building robotic and machine learning technologies for forestry, ecology, and agriculture.
About this role
We are seeking a detail-oriented Junior Software Engineer to help support Treeswift's production team. As a member of the production team, you will be exposed to Python, C++, ROS, AWS while also working with the production team to roll out new algorithms, improve tooling and support development of new algorithms.
We are a mission-driven company that places our customer needs front and center. As a result, some days will feature heavy development in the lab, and other days will feature rigorous testing in customer forests. We are solving problems that no one has solved before, so having an innovative mindset with an excitement for diving deep into the messiness of real-world robotics is critical. In this role, you are critical to Treeswift's success in bringing about our vision for planetary-scale robotics.
The Junior Software Engineer position will report to a Senior Software Engineer and is based out of Philadelphia, PA.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- The ideal candidate should have strong Python. git and Linux fundamentals, and a willingness to learn other skills like cloud computing.
- The team operates in a production setting both in the field and on the cloud. The ideal candidate has strong software engineering skills and the ability to write production level code (unit tests, debugging/profiling, version control)
- Be direct and unafraid to voice your opinion
- Thrive in a dynamic, diverse, team-oriented environment
- Have high standards and levels of excellence - we are a team of world-class roboticists, data scientists, and foresters, and we like to work with the be
Benefits & perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive, 100% medical and life insurance benefits
- Equity stock options package
Get fresh Remote Junior Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.