- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tri City Nursery, a re-wholesale nursery located in Kaysville, Utah, is currently looking for a General Manager. Tri City Nursery is one of eight current companies that form the TreeSource Nursery Group. The General manager is responsible for running all day-to-day operations of the nursery under the direction of the TreeSource Executive team. At the TreeSource Group we believe in providing the best value for the landscape and green industry. TreeSource combines customized software and logistics to provide more material faster than any other nursery group. The General Manger at Tri City North will play a critical role in ensuring this happens at the Kaysville location.
The candidate for this position must possess a well-rounded knowledge of the inner workings of business and how to implement these strategies in the nursery industry. While deep rooted experience in the industry is not required, being willing and able to learn and able to implement and maintain a knowledgeable team is. This candidate will be required to ensure each department is functioning with the utmost efficiency and productivity and should be able to identify the strengths in each employee and delegate in a manner that is considerate of these.
This candidate must be a systematic thinker and be able to assist team members in creating repeatable processes that maximize our productivity and above all generate profit. Of all the responsibilities included in this position this is the most crucial. Creating a business model and defining processes that adhere and constantly improve this model is imperative. It will be the responsibility of this position to encourage communication between each department and ensure progression of individual department goals alongside companywide goals. Successfully managing people in a firm and fair manner while ensuring assigned tasks are being completed and employees are held accountable is also required.
1. Oversee all operations of the nursery. Within each department you will be expected to work closely with your teammates and provide guidance and leadership. It will be your responsibility to drive the objectives laid out for each department and ensure results.
A. Wholesale (Sales) –
1. Purchasing – Ensuring we are bringing in the best product for the best price.
2. Sales – Conduct sales as quickly and efficiently as possible. Increase existing customers and find new customers. All done in conjunction with the Executive Sales Manager. Sell our business model alongside our plants. Discover new avenues to gain sales and bids.
a. Achieve monthly and yearly sales revenue goals in conjunction with Executive Sales Manager.
3. Inventory – Control. Keep inventory moving off the lot quickly and efficiently. Only order what we need and keep an up to date and reliable inventory list on hand to expedite the sales process. Maintain an inventory accuracy of higher than 98% at all times and eliminate dead and dump/loss to less than 1%.
B. Shipping/Distribution –
1. Shipping – Ship plants as quickly and efficiently as possible and ensure we are covering our costs in freight.
2. Receiving – Define a process to expedite this process that works side by side with our inventory procedure.
3. Pulling – Ensure our pick crew is working in a systematic and efficient manner.
C. Maintenance –
1. Property -Ensure all property maintenance is being kept up with and that the nursery always maintains a professional appearance.
2. Small equipment- Ensure all equipment is running efficiently and capable of completing the workload necessary.
3. Irrigation – Discover and implement an automated irrigation system that reduces labor and water costs.
D. Plant Health –
1. Spraying – A system for chemical sprays and watering will need to be followed and implemented to ensure the health of our plants. Maintain high quality of plant product at all times in conjunction with the yard staff.
E. Administrative –
1. Accounts Payable/Receivable – Ensuring we are collecting on what we have sold and paying our bills in a timely manner.
2. Human Resources – Granting our employees the tools needed for success and adhering to government regulations.
3. Office – Providing the necessary technology and office equipment to ensure each task delegated can be completed.
4. Review Budgets monthly with the CEO and maintain financial integrity.
1. Must learn all TreeSource Systems and be able to train employees daily if necessary to follow the business and software systems.
G. Special Projects
1. Any other special projects as deemed necessary by the company.
This candidate must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of:
1. Profit and Loss
2. Balance Sheets
3. Expenses and true costs, and how to cut them at every opportunity.
4. Labor ratios
5. Margins and how to improve our bottom line.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a high-level communicator and willing to handle any daily situations that may arise
· Have nursery experience or be willing to learn the industry
· Be willing to lead the organization under the direction of the executive team
· Have financial management experience or be willing to learn
· Have people management experience or be willing to learn
· Able to work in a team setting and clearly communicate the directives of the executive team to the Tri City team
Pay is dependent on experience. The total package will include:
· Base Salary
· Merit based bonus determined by financial success. Will be negotiated at time of hire with the company CEO.
· Cell phone – either provided or re-imbursed
· 401K retirement package with up to 4% company match
· Paid time off
· Health insurance
· Additional paid holidays including two weeks over Christmas
· Company paid trips for meeting profit stretch goals
TreeSourceWhy Work Here?
This is a growing company with room for an individual to have freedom to work with a great team and build and grow a successful business.
395 S Deseret DriveKaysville, UT
RetailView all jobs at TreeSource