Job title: Store Support Representative
Reports to: Director of Support
Location: Marion, Indiana
General Job Description:
Supporting stores is more than just simple tech support or customer support – it’s creative problem-solving at the highest level. This position requires a team player with a knack for clear communication, helpful customer service and the ability to organize details and tasks in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Tree of Life Bookstores strives to provide its employees, customers, and partner schools with attentive store support that emphasizes creative, efficient solutions and a positive overall experience. We seek to provide clear communication and excellent service on all support tickets while functioning as creative problem solvers as issues arise. Support is a resource to all departments for issues surrounding the daily operations of Tree of Life. From cashier sales to textbook sourcing, inventory management to invoice reconciliation.
Queries may range from assistance in handling simple problems or generic 'how to' questions to advanced features, product bugs or failures. The representative should be able to diagnose and resolve issues related to these applications and components by understanding the environment in which the store operates and funnel it to the specific problems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read people and adjust your message based on the audience.
• Proficient in basic office computer programs, such as Word, Excel, and Gmail.
• Quick learner with the ability to adapt effectively to changing priorities.
• Great work ethic, organized, and detail oriented.
• Persistent problem-solving aptitude with strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
• Tenacious drive to exceed expectations and deliver solutions.
• Ability to give and take direction in an honest and constructive way.
• Not required, but a plus: Experience in Microsoft Access or SQL. Experience in the textbook industry, higher education, customer support/analysis, or customer relationship management roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide attentive and positive support to TOL store managers while efficiently providing solutions.
● Act as a central knowledge base and problem solver for internal support issues.
● Actively participate in a collaborative, team-driven environment.
● Respond to conflict and tense situations with a calm presence, clear thinking, and positivity.
● Cultivate a welcoming and professional phone presence.
● Present TOL professionally in all oral and written communication.
● Master multiple data management systems.
● Work efficiently and be flexible in order to complete tasks as required.
● Flexible hours may be required during peak seasons.