Tredyffrin/Easttown School District is accepting applications for the position of Secretary to the Assistant Principal at Valley Forge Middle School. The position is 12 months per year, 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. Candidates must possess excellent computer and communication skills. Two years of secretarial experience is preferred. Excellent benefits (please view the Tredyffrin/Easttown Non-Instructional Group Collective Bargaining Agreement on our website for this position). Starting - $19.33/Regular - $19.53, or $25.11 for members of the TENIG Bargaining Unit who were active as of June 30, 2014.
- High school diploma, commercial school graduate or equivalent; some college preferred
- Two years experience as a secretary
- Competence in use of varied word processing, data base and spreadsheet programs; ability to type 50 wpm (skills test may be required)
- Superb command of verb and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of basic office equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to the public in a busy work environment
- Ability to calmly assist the school community members with their children’s school transportation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks
- Reliability in handling confidential information
- Ability to read maps and interpret driver directions
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Obtains, gathers, and organizes pertinent data as needed and puts into usable form; types reports as requested; creates/maintains schedules.
- Responsible for student attendance reporting and safe schools tracking.
- Files correspondence, reports, or other records in prescribed manner; classifies and cross-indexes materials, labels folders and envelopes.
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies as needed.
- Places and receives telephone calls, records messages, and responds aptly to requests for information; uses paging devices if appropriate.
- Greets visitors courteously; checks appointments and directs to proper persons; responds to requests accordingly.
- Arranges appointments and schedules conferences.
- May prepare various materials for distribution including teacher handbooks, summer mailings, event programs.
- Coordinates use of the building.
- Reports immediately the presence in the building of any suspicious activity or unusual behavior on the part of visitors.
- May perform duties of other secretaries in their absence, including sorting and distributing the mail.
- Performs other duties particular to the office, as may be assigned by the principal/assistant principal.