Senior Analyst - SOX Compliance
- Expired: February 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Tredegar Corporation is a global leader in the plastic films and aluminum extrusion industries. Recognized for a wide range of capabilities in polyethylene, polypropylene, elastics and polyester films in addition to custom aluminum extrusions for multiple end-use markets including building and construction, automotive, consumer durables, machinery and equipment and electrical and distribution markets. With a global footprint and local supply capabilities, we support the demand for films applications in diverse end-use markets, including electronic display, & food packaging. With strategically located global operations and a culture focused on innovative research and development, Tredegar Corporation is well positioned to expand its reach in diverse markets around the world. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, USA, Tredegar Corporation, (NYSE: TG), has 2400+ employees and 12 locations throughout North America, China, & Brazil.
The Senior, SOX Compliance (SOX Senior) is responsible for supporting the SOX compliance function for Tredegar Corporation and its subsidiaries (the Company). The SOX Senior partners with internal and external auditors to plan and execute the SOX compliance program, working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that (i) Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) adequately addresses the relevant risk of material misstatement, (ii) control documentation is updated and maintained, and sufficient to evidence the design, implementation and operation of controls, and (iii) any control findings identified, assessed and communicated appropriately within the SOX Compliance Office.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Company’s SOX compliance program, including:
- Participation in the performance of annual financial statement risk assessment, including coordination of the annual fraud risk assessment, and associated financial statement balance and controls scoping exercise.
- Coordination with process owners on maintenance of high-quality SOX documentation including scoping memos, process narratives, flowcharts, risk matrices, control design documentation for the full suite of relevant controls, tests of such controls and assessments of materiality and fraud risk.
- Evaluation of control deficiencies for impact and root cause, and coordination/monitoring of management’s remediation efforts.
- Partner with business process owners to consult in the development, implementation and improvement of controls and processes, including the design, update and streamlining of key process areas and cycles to enhance the control environment and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in coordination efforts with internal and external auditors to ensure the SOX compliance program meets their requirements in terms of approach, scope, timing, and assessment of control findings.
- Participate in enterprise-wide projects to highlight and evaluate risks and understand the impacts to internal controls resulting from new or changing accounting standards and internal process or technology changes.
- Help maintain SOX infrastructure including SOX software, library of processes and playbooks.
- Participate in ad hoc initiatives as requested.
- Limited travel may be expected (10% or less).
Qualifications & Skills:
- Required Experience: Active professional certification in accounting and/or auditing such as CPA, CIA, of CISA. Audit compliance professional with at least 3 to 5 years relevant experience in a public accounting firm.
- Required Education: BS/BA in Accounting
- Desired Skills: Data Analytics, Testing Controls, Project Management, Budgeting, Auditing.
- Desired Systems experience: JD Edwards, Oracle Cloud, Consolidation systems.
*We offer outstanding benefits programs, including competitive compensation, a 401k plan, tuition reimbursement programs and more.
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at Tredegar Corporation