About The Company:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St. Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Provenance, Etude. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE’s wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com
Treasury Wine Estates seeks a strategic human resources business partner to support our Corporate Functions which include Supply and Operations, IT, Legal, HR, Finance client segments. This key role will work with the business to plan and execute all Human Resources programs of work and drive and deliver annual HR processes focusing on key areas including Organizational Capability, Organizational Culture and Employee Engagement. This role will work collaboratively with our Global People function to ensure project and initiative work is executed and embedded within client groups. This is a high-profile role within our business and we are looking for someone to drive all Human Capital needs.
- Management and timely execution of cyclical HR programs including Talent Review, Performance Review and Merit Review
- Build a high performing organization – drive the constant raising of the performance bar through proactively addressing Employee Relations issues
- Implement strategies for assigned client group(s) to foster a culture of inclusion, ownership, care and resilience
- Retain, promote and reward the best – ensure all high performing high and potential employees have active development plans in place and proactively identify and address potential retention issues
- Leverage Talent and Performance Review processes build succession plans and address capability gaps within assigned client group(s)
- Build people manager capability through coaching and on-the-job experiences
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Partner with the Corporate client segments to embed their People strategy and determine their workforce plan and forecasts to meet business needs Including but not limited to:
- Day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Partnering to ensure all overheads are planned in line with budget and supports the ability of the function(s) to carry out their fiscal objective.
- Lead the coordination of review and alignment of compensation changes, merit reviews and promotional recommendations within the Corporate client segments.
- Manage and resolve complex Employee Relations matters within your assigned client groups in conjunction with business leaders as appropriate.
- Proactively monitor performance and support the identification of people issues within assigned client group(s), including providing leaders with insights and advice to help drive business performance.
- Drive organizational capability for the future. Execute talent review, create succession plans for key roles.
- Advise the business on the development of high potentials and facilitate a high-performance culture within assigned client group(s); ensuring there are clear plans to build, monitor and manage talent pipeline for the business and uplift the engagement of employees.
- Contribute to the development and facilitation of training and/or development sessions as required
- Provide advice and support to leaders to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and the management and mitigation of risks, including employment and harassment law
- Lead structure design & process alignment to optimize the effectiveness of the assigned function(s)
- Act as a change champion and lead any change management activity for the function (relating to restructuring, acquisitions etc).
- Assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters
- Oversee and drive the execution of global and/or local people processes/HR initiatives within client group(s)
- Support the development and execution of the Global and Americas People & Capability strategy
- Provide effective team development & coaching to junior members of the People & Capability Team (Talent Acquisition, HR Assist, Benefits, etc)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, HR or related field; A PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of HR experience, of which at least 3 should include specific accountabilities for a client group in an advisory/business partnering capacity.
- Ability to utilize OD tools and techniques to facilitate teams, change management and organizational design challenges.
- Demonstrated experience to think strategically and translate agreed strategic plans into efficient processes, systems and/or projects & initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and influence at senior levels in the organization.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/work streams and deliver timely/quality results.
- Strong analytics, attention to detail and financial acumen.
- Technically oriented; ability to utilize excel for analysis and reporting as well as the other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Oracle HCM desirable
- Some driving between TWE sites will be required.
- Spanish speak ability highly desired but not required.