Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
Treasure Health Systems is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant interested in working part-time or full-time positions.
We provide wrap-around mental health services, including therapy, Psychiatry, and Psychiatric Rehabilitation.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the reception area and waiting room. The responsibilities include:
- Checking in patients, taking vital signs, notifying the doctor/therapist of the patient’s arrival, collecting co-pays, writing a receipt, documenting all payments on pts manila folder, and logging co-payment on the reconciliation form for the day. Schedules follow-up doctor appointments, fill out Client Medication Status Form with pt. next appointment;
- Check Patient Insurance Eligibility. Make a copy of the insurance card, ID, and other documents at the patient first appointment.
- Answered multiple phone lines, transferred calls when necessary, taking handwritten messages for doctors. Makes reminder calls to patients the day before his/her appointment. Calls pts to inform him/her (or parent/guardian) that requested prescriptions are ready to be picked up;
- Signing outpatients after they have seen their provider, including reviewing encounter forms and collecting co-pays from patients;
- Has working knowledge of SOS Scheduler- can schedule/lookup appointments, check authorizations, and change/update patient information. Knows how to enter/read any special notations in the patient’s SOS account;
- Scheduling and managing Medical Director/Program Director/Rehabilitation Specialist and the Nurse appointment schedules, including cancellations and coordinating with the referral sources the scheduling of all Diagnostic Evaluations;
- Researching and absolving all clinic billing rejections from Medical Assistance and Medicare with Specialists from the billing manager.
- Confirming clinic appointments, aid in filing and locating charts, document patient insurance on clinic encounter forms, and print “add on” encounter forms throughout the workday;
- As the need arises, assisting the Program administrator or coordinator with entering daily billing into SOS, downloading Optum Authorizations, entering Optum authorizations into SOS and completing the patient-clinician transfers;
- Adheres to standards and regulations as set forth by the agency, and COMAR.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations of the department and facility.
- Responsible for carrying out the mission, philosophy of care, and policies of Treasure Health Systems, Inc. Performing other duties to achieve program goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
1.High School Diploma/GED; AA Degree preferred.
2.Minimum three (3+) plus years of Secretarial/Administrative Assistant experience in a mental health or social services environment.
3. 45 -55 wpm typing; must demonstrate typing skills.
4. Advanced skills in PC/Word processing/database/spreadsheets/systems, and integrating the advanced skills to produce complex reports and documents. Possess computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows.
5. Ability to apply the concepts of customer service in the workplace. Ability to use good professional judgment. Detail-oriented. Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision.
6. Possess basic knowledge of all office equipment, including word processors, typewriters, Dictaphone, FAX, and copy machines, and a willingness to attend appropriate classes to increase knowledge as needed.
7. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines. Ability to meet short and long-term goals and project deadlines.
9. Respect for the confidentiality of all communications required within job duties, including client/employee records and documents, and electronic transmission by voice, data, and wire.
10. Experience with multi-cultural/multi-lingual populations and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Treasure HealthBaltimore, MD
BusinessView All Treasure Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.