ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive each day prepared to work at your appointed time.
- Be prepared to leave at the end of the day only after patient care is completed.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Signs off on all EMR charts in a timely manner.
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments.
- Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient’s condition and allergies.
- Discusses any possible side effects to medication or immunization with patie
With in 90 days of hire must be able to obtain:
- DOT medical examiner certification
- Be willing to learn and utilize EMR and tablet/laptop technology at the bedside.
- Prescribes and administers vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Performs surgical procedures appropriate to and Urgent Care setting with surgical competency.
- Daily follow up on laboratory tests and X-Rays
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA
- Team player who is equally comfortable working independently.
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possesses excellent client interaction skills and able to multi-task
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude who can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
- Must be able to work outside of regular business hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Travels as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.