Surveillance - Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION TITLE: Surveillance Lead JOBCODE: 170195
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
Responsible for all activities in the Surveillance Department, to ensure the protection of life and property at Treasure Bay Casino. Directly aids in the supervision of Surveillance operators on property, and indirectly supervises the activities of all crewmembers who work on the gaming floor.
- Maintains consistency with established company guidelines and controls.
- Ensures the quality of operations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Mississippi Gaming Commission (MGC), and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
- Always maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Communicates with Surveillance management(Director and Supervisors) to ensure problems are effectively and promptly resolved.
- Follows established reporting system for Surveillance. Informs Surveillance management when cheating, theft, embezzlement or suspicious activities.
- Coordinates with the Security Dept. as directed by Surveillance management when Surveillance discovers a matter which requires further investigation or attention.
- Studies cheating activity and trends in other gaming areas, in order to take precautionary measures and deter cheating on this property.
- Regularly inspects the monitored areas, identifies potential safety or security hazards, and reports same to the Surveillance management and appropriate department head or property management, for proper resolution.
- Reviews surveillance video and reports, providing detailed information to appropriate company officials. After approval of the Director of Surveillance, provides information to outside agencies.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Ensures proper functioning of all surveillance equipment, reporting need for outside repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Coordinates with Casino Management to monitor the play in an area deemed necessary by the Management.
- Provides video copies as requested by department heads, casino management and MGC.
- Other tasks as requested by management.
EDUCATION OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related area from a four year college or university preferred; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be 21 years old and able to obtain a MS Gaming License.
Special requirements: Minimum of two (2) years in a law enforcement agency or related field, with progressive supervisory/managerial experience required. Background in gaming surveillance highly preferred. Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents such as technical journals, Gaming Regulations, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from guests, regulatory agencies or department heads. Ability to present information to Management in a concise, accurate format.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the crewmember is regularly required to talk or hear. The crewmember is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The crewmember is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
Treasure Bay LLC
LegalView all jobs at Treasure Bay LLC