**This position is remote, all candidates would be provided with an adequate set up to work from home. We are however looking specifically for someone who has mortgage underwriting experience for transactions in Michigan. ** Only Candidates Living in Michigan will be considered.
Purpose: The Underwriter is responsible for analyzing, evaluating and verifying mortgage loan applications and evaluating loans for approval or denial in order to maximize organizational profit. This position is vital to Treadstone Funding by minimizing risk or loss to the company, and to ensure the loan file conforms to the credit and property guidelines of all federal agencies, private mortgage insurers and investors. This position is part of the Underwriting Department at Treadstone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Render approval/denial of mortgage loan applications consistent with current internal and external regulations and guidelines.
- Analyzes and evaluates creditworthiness of borrowers including but not limited to the review of financial statements, tax returns, asset statements, bank account statements, etc.
- Underwrites, reviews and recommends approvals or denials for conventional and government loans that may include FHA, VA, USDA Rural Development.
- Issues loan conditions and required documentation to meet agency and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of internal and regulatory changes that affect the underwriting of mortgage loans.
- Provides guidance to loan processors on questions about various loan scenarios, documentation and guideline requirements.
- Provides and promotes exceptional customer service both internally and externally.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and management, and excellent customer service.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of all current regulations governing mortgage lending.
- Working knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
- Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
- 3+ years’ experience in underwriting
- DE Certification preferred but not required