Director of Operations (Located in Traverse City, MI)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*We are located in Traverse City, MI*
We are seeking an experienced Director of Operations to increase efficiency by implementing and enforcing company systems and processes. You will be responsible for handling the negotiations, budgeting, and resource information for the company, as well as oversee the procurement and purchasing of products. One of your primary goals will be to improve employee performance and satisfaction to benefit our organization. You must be an excellent communicator and analyzer, capable of effective collaboration and delegation.
Director of Operations Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and supports a work environment that fosters the mission, vision, and values of TC.
- Oversees and is responsible for each aspect of daily operations for distilling, barreling, warehousing, blending, bottling, and order fulfillment including personnel, resource planning quality control, and inventory management (raw materials, work-in-process, finished goods).
- Sets and attains production volume targets, cost controls, maintenance, data management, reporting (including KPIs), safety, compliance, training, and standard operating procedures.
- Develops and ensures implementation of procedures for operations to ensure consumer demand is met.
- Continuously optimizes costs to ensure maximum gross margin.
- Builds annual operations budgets.
- Oversees the planning, ordering, delivery, and warehousing of inventory to ensure that TCWC does not have out-of-stock situations.
- Directly manages inventory including regular inventory counts and reconciliation with timely reporting in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Collaborates on an ongoing basis with the accounting department.
- Oversees the filing of all TTB reports timely to ensure taxes are paid and compliance metrics are met.
- Assesses the ongoing production-related risks to TCWC and ensures that these risks are being monitored and mitigated.
- Works collaboratively across the organization and provide guidance, development, and training while fostering an environment of individual and company development.
- Oversees and manages the development, construction, and implementation of PPE.
- Builds reporting communication improvements for all functions of operations.
- Evaluates operations’ performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Ensure that the facility meets company standards and expectations with regards to safety, functionality, cleanliness, and security.
- Oversees approximately fifty employees.
- Leads employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluates performance and production of staff, maintains records of performance.
- Oversees the hiring process for future operations personnel.
- Reports collaborate and communicate regularly with the TCWC owners.
Director of Operations Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ten years of production and/or operations experience of which at least five years are in a leadership role.
- **Experience in beverage alcohol manufacturing is preferred.**
- Excellent leadership, management, organization, and strategic planning skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive and professional way.
- Compliant with all relevant local, state, and federal (FDA / TTB) regulations.
- Strong business acumen and results-oriented.
- Energetic, positive, driven, and proactive with a sense of urgency.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Convey a professional image internally and externally.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and fact-based solution skills.
- Expert-level knowledge and utilization of MS Office and ERP software
- Ability to negotiate, delegate, and work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP software
Traverse City Whiskey Co.Why Work Here?
Each flavor of whiskey is made possible by the unique conditions of Traverse City’s climate and northern latitude.
Traverse City Whiskey Co., "The Whiskey of the North" is a fast growing, nine-year-old distillery based in northern Michigan. The Company distributes its nine whiskey expressions across 26 states and cocktail ingredients, including Premium Cocktail Cherries, Simple Syrup and full line-up of cocktail mixers (under the Cocktail Crate brand), nationwide. Traverse City Whiskey (“TCWC”) is currently seeking a Controller to lead and manage the accounting, financial and compliance operations.
13975 S Robinson Rd.Ann Arbor, MI