We are a well-known and established luggage manufacturer marketing and distributing our products through a variety of retail channels. Our company has an all-encompassing corporate culture valuing and rewarding individual’s initiative and creativity. As a growing industry leader, we currently have openings for the following positions. These positions are located in our corporate office in La Palma, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for CEO.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
- Report to the CEO when necessary in writing and verbally
- Supervise overall Operations (including: Safety, Security, Computer Services and Building Maintenance)
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance, Operations, & Sales Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; Master’s preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
California CPA license is required.
Understanding and exposure to import and wholesale processes
Wholesale industry experience ONLY
Highly-skilled in Accounting software, Excel, as well as, modern ERP systems
• Competitive salary
• Medical insurance
• Paid sick days and vacation
• Incentive /Bonus Program
• Job security and growth potential