Travel Mart, Inc. Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION (JOB SUMMARY):
The purpose of this position is to support the Pharmacist in maintaining a professional environment where duties are carried out ethically and efficiently. The Pharmacy Technician must be detail oriented, as well as customer service focused.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law.
· Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers for filling.
· Verifies name and address (if applicable) of the person the new prescription is to be filled for and insurance information, as well as, legibility of the prescriber’s name.
· Obtains from the prescription files those prescriptions, which have been requested to be refilled.
· Completes prior authorizations when necessary.
· Prepares labels and fills new/refill prescriptions.
· Accommodates customers when they arrive to pick up prescriptions.
· Processes cash register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions.
· Ensures necessary communications are provided to the customer, such as instructions, side effects and medication descriptions.
· Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist, when requested.
· Procures signatures from customers for all prescriptions received.
· Answers incoming calls, directs to Pharmacist, when appropriate, such as new prescriptions, questions about medication, judgmental decision, etc.
· Fills prescription books or new prescriptions.
· Files patient profiles.
· Fills bins with prescription vials.
· Responsible for ordering medications and drugs online and sending order at the end of day. Processes incoming orders to determine that items ordered were shipped and that items shipped are the same as items invoiced to the Pharmacy.
· Affixes price stickers to the items ordered and places on stock shelves or in refrigerator, when required.
· Orders blood glucose testing supplies when necessary and puts order away when delivered.
· Any other duties deemed necessary by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist in Charge.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
· Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Conserves organizational resources.
· Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Follows policies and procedures; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Uses time efficiently.
· Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Is consistently at work and on time.
· Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Asks for and offers help when needed.
Travel Mart, Inc.
Travel Mart, Inc. owns and operates convenience stores in Wisconsin Dells and surrounding areas.