· Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties.
· Reviews prescriptions issued by Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
· Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients.
· Directs Pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
· Answers questions and provides information to Pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
· Responsible for ordering medications and drugs online and sending order at the end of day.
· Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
· Enters data such as patient name, insurance, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain Pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
· Assays medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
· Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to Pharmacy.
· Responsible for pharmacy security & alarm system when opening and/or closing pharmacy.
· Any other duties deemed necessary by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist in Charge.
· Supervises Pharmacy Technicians as necessary.
· Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Maintains confidentiality.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
· Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Communicates changes effectively; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Delegates work assignments; Matches responsibility to the person.
· Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
· Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Understands business implications of decisions; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Demonstrates knowledge of EEOC policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
· Is consistently at work and on time.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Current Pharmacist License (Must be in good standing).
· B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm D.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Travel Mart, Inc.Travel Mart, Inc. owns and operates convenience stores in Wisconsin Dells and surrounding areas.