SC Customer Service Rep - Exper
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
No calls or agencies please. Tranter will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tranter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Job Summary: Responds to customer inquiries via telephone or email to provide problem resolution in accordance with the Organization's service standards.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and Tranter, Inc. in communicating any expediting, shipping instructions, and inspection requirements.
- Meet or exceed department key metrics
- Actively participate in company meetings, suggesting better methods to handle current customer service processes and improve the use of company resources
- Customer First Responsibilities: "Face to Customer"; Ambassador to Tranter
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in Customer Service processes
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions and assist implementation of HSE regulations and policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Order Entry, Work Order Setup/BOM & Routings; Dating of Customer Orders; Expediting Order Process Flow.
- Customer Shipping logistics: creation of BOL & Schedule shipments
- Order Invoicing Customer Service & Support - Routine Contact with Customers
- Quick Base: Work Order Setup, Maintain Integrity of Customer Demand & Data Transfer Order entry & support to Inventory Control Planning efforts
- QSI data collection for inventory planning & control
- Receives and/or places telephone calls which are predominantly routine, but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures.
- Answer customer telephone, email, and/or fax inquiries, orders, service needs and complaints.
- Respond to customer inquiries where applicable or direct to sales representatives or technical/service areas to provide problem resolution in accordance with the Organization's service standards.
- Process new orders, issuing change orders to existing orders and expediting of orders when requested by the customer
- Review customer’s purchase order to verify customer’s requirements and take exception to the contract when applicable.
- Maintain customer service order files in accordance with Tranter, Inc. SOP’s.
- Timely communication with the customer regarding order status, production or shipping holds, drawing approvals, special requirements, etc.
- Liaise with sales and technical staff to keep them up-to-date with customer needs.
- Maintain detailed and current knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Analyze customer service needs for communication to service and technical departments.
- Work with various teams such as Finance, Product Engineering, and Production Scheduling to distribute and follow customer orders as per the SOP.
- Mailing / distribution of product drawings in accordance with customer’s requirements.
- Support as needed: Inside Sales Quoting; Accounts Payable; Inventory Control/Planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit organizational Leadership Competencies
- Comply with the Customer Service SOP’s
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
- Capability to respond quickly, decisively, assertively, and professionally to changing requirements in customers’ expectations, engineering requirements and other discrepancies created through the pre-production, production, and post-production processes
- Effectively communicate with internal and external business partners, both orally and in writing. English required (bi-lingual a plus)
- Experience & ability to read engineering drawings & designs is a plus
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree a plus
- 1 to 4 years of experience in Customer Service or related field
- General Office Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
BusinessView all jobs at Tranter