This position is in Guaynabo, PR
TSI, is a leading supplier of specialized business process outsourcing (BPO) services that are delivered in our call centers through a diverse workforce across North America supporting clients in multiple vertical markets comprised of banks, energy and utility companies, health care providers, universities, and government organizations. We support the entire customer lifecycle that includes customer acquisition, full loan servicing, delinquency management, and collections utilizing a combination of voice, chat, email, SMS, and interactive voice messaging channels. As a result, employees enjoy the opportunity to grow, develop and build long-term careers in exciting industries, supporting the best brands in business, all while earning tenure with a specialty BPO leader. TSI represents a new company name, but one with over 40 years of experience and success serving these markets. (TSI is a newly formed company as a result of the sale of multiple collections business units from EGS, the parent company for NCO Financial Systems.)
- Communicate with consumers by telephone and approved written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received.
- Demonstrate effective skiptracing techniques by locating consumer contact information.
- Counsel delinquent consumers to assist in finding funds to meet their payment obligations.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with TSI policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish & English (written and verbal communication)
- Previous collections experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to work in multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Office environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
We provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Salary: $8.00 /hour