Transwest is looking for an experienced Automotive technician who is looking for the opportunity to maximize their income potential.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work as outlined in repair order with efficiency, accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if warranty.
- Advise shop foreman immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the time period promised.
- Document all work performance.
- Road test vehicles when required to quality check work performed.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Perform functions and duties of the job that may require additional or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Candidate must possess a complete set of hand tools with rollaway toolbox.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.