TransWest Credit Union's
Mortgage Processor/ Closer / Shipper
Everything we do at TransWest Credit Union is to fulfill our WHY. "Your Dream. Our Team." is not just our tagline it is why we are in business. We want your smarts, talents and your skills to assist our Loan Officers and our members (both current and potential) to choose TransWest in fulfilling their Dreams (including dream homes). Our Team has the dedication, innovation and creativity to get the job done.
We are looking for someone to be an integral part of our mortgage team. As a Mortgage Specialist you will have the opportunity to learn the entire mortgage process. From assisting with processing initial loans applications all the way through funding and shipping. Including, assisting with escrow payments, payoffs, and reconveyances. The ideal candidate should love what they do and always strive to exceed the expectations of the loan officers, and more importantly our members. This individual must be detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Review closed loans in detail for missing documents, signatures, proper dates, correct spelling of names and addresses, interest rates etc. and prepare files to be shipped to the investor
- Work closely with loan officers to gather corrected loan documentation, verifications or signatures in a timely manner to meet shipping and funding deadlines
- Track shipping deadlines with the investor and ship files in a timely manner to avoid penalties
- Work with the investor on funding conditions and respond in a timely manner
- Resolve all Post-Closing errors on mortgage loans within established company deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent member service and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Track and pay annual HO Insurance premiums from mortgage escrow accounts
- Prepare reconveyances on paid off mortgage loans
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all mortgage products and guidelines within the company by referring to TransWest's Policy Manual.
- Provides friendly, accurate, professional service to members and fellow TransWest teammates.
- Work closely with Mortgage Underwriter and the Processor Supervisor to help in the mortgage process when needed which includes:
- Collecting documents from the loan officers, preparing loan files to be submitted to underwriting, ensure loan file is complete and accurate which includes monitoring the dates of appraisals and approvals.
- Ordering title, appraisal, evidence of insurance, flood certs, tax transcripts, verification of employment, verification of deposit, obtaining payoffs, etc.
- Resubmits underwriting conditions in a timely manner
Two to three years of recent Processing experience; with knowledge of FHA and V.A. lending processes. Knowledge of Encompass Software strongly encouraged.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be detail oriented
- Have knowledge of Encompass is a plus.
- Basic word processing, Excel and computer skills are required.
- Requires effective and courteous communication with members and/or other employees using common telecommunications equipment and computer equipment. Must be able to read, examine, and organize documents.
- May require the ability to sit, stand, and walk around for extended periods of time. May also require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Position will often be in a busy office environment. The ability to focus on detail, multitask and, at times, work under pressure in this environment is essential.
TransWest Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.
Transwest Credit Union