Tool Crib Attendant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Engineering – Ferris, TX
FLSA: Nonexempt - Hourly
REPORTS TO: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer / Department Manager
Transtar Industries, LLC is a manufacturer and distributor of various automotive components. We have the best-in-class torque converters, transmissions, tools, equipment, additives and sealants. Transtar is a one-stop-shop for automotive shop supplies, parts, and accessories.
Transtar Industries is a dynamic global leader in transmission parts and driveline-related products. As a manufacturer and distributor of various automotive components, offering the broadest product range of quality OE and aftermarket parts, Transtar Industries also deals premium-remanufactured products: including automatic and standard transmission units, transmission rebuild kits and components, remanufactured torque converters, hard parts, valve bodies, differentials, and transfer case kits and components. With more than 100 locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, Transtar Industries’ distribution network reaches more than 80 countries.
Atco Products, a business unit of Transtar Industries located in Ferris, Texas, is an IATF16949 Certified tubing/hose assembly manufacturer of high-quality automotive and heavy-duty truck components and assemblies. Both original equipment suppliers and aftermarket customers have relied on Atco Products to meet their OE production components and in/out of warranty service and parts requirements for more than 50 years.
Performs a variety of activities, including but not limited to issuing repair work order requests, maintaining tooling inventory, organization and upkeep of the area, and suggestions for improvement of tooling, under supervision of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer and production lead. Identifies and inspects ATCO tools, using drawings and calipers. Other duties are assigned based on customers' requests for prototypes, samples, or new products components if needed.
- Maintains tool crib tooling control, based on ATCO drawings.
- Works to support production, on repair/maintenance tooling, fixtures, and other tools needed for production.
- Inspects and measures tools for defects and wear and issues work orders for repair.
- Participates in team activities, to improve anything related to production.
- Interface with process teams (Quality. Engineering, Production, Maintenance) interacting with special requirements for tooling and equipment repairs or improvement.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures in the performance of this position’s duties and reports any unsafe practices to production supervision team members.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work in a planned and organized manner, on all assignments, activities, and projects, using dates, from start to end, on assigned job complete on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1-year experience operating machines, and at least 2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma (preferred), similar manufacturing roles (desire), or experience working with metal parts.
- Basic Geometrical and math understanding to read and interpret drawings. (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work any continuous or fixed schedule, possibly including an excessive number of hours occasionally in a single work day, on any day of the calendar week depending on business needs. Works well under pressure. Must be organized and able to attain results on several projects simultaneously.
- Understand accuracy on precision measuring tools.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to, but not limited to, 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Less than 5% of the time.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Strong self-starter
- Proficient personal computer and systems software skills to accomplish work processing, worksheets, and data input.
- A positive approach to work.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A fondness for talking with people and building relationships.
- Ability to make recommendations to resolve effectively any problems by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government law.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals, both internal and external.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Transtar Industries Inc
AutomotiveView all jobs at Transtar Industries Inc