Materials Clerk - Material Handler
- $16 Hourly
The primary purpose of this position is – ensure that shipment of orders are correct within standard. Additionally, this role will move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, trucks, or containers, by hand or using a pallet truck, fork-lift, or other equipment. This role also serves as backup for loading and unloading of all TAT materials in Receiving. Will cross-train in other departmental functions.
- Safely ship and receive goods: Ensure check in of incoming materials, pulling of Q.C. samples, marking of pallets, placing in storage, filling out of purchase orders and all other paperwork then submit either to purchasing, or to customer service if it's a TAT product return, within a timely fashion.
- Pulling of palletized orders.
- Oversees the safe movement of goods, placing manufactured finished goods in storage.
- Order picking for customer orders.
- Packaging and palletizing of orders per classifications, and from overstock, loading all truck orders each day.
- Operation of powered pallet jacks, forklifts, and stretch wrapping machines.
- Keep assigned area clean and organized.
- Prepare small package shipments for UPS shipping and use of UPS software.
- Comply with all applicable safety requirements. Must report any hazards and/or incidents/accidents.
- Perform Cycle counts as necessary and maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Organizing and rotation of stock in warehouse for FIFO. Removing and reporting expired stock in warehouse.
- Verify all incoming material to packing slips and delivery receipts, noting and reporting any discrepancies.
- Individual must be aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
(FOR THOSE MANAGING TEAMS)
· This role does not have any supervisory requirements.
- Minimum Experience – 1-2 years’ experience
- Minimum Education – High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic understanding of computers - Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Hi-lo/Fork Lift experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Preferred Experience – 2+ years’ experience with scan guns and inventory cycle counts.
- Preferred Education– High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The individual must possess good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- The individual must have a good Customer Service oriented perceptiveness.
(FOR FUTURE USE) COMPETENCIES & GROWTH PATHS:
- Team Members are expected to present the Transtar Values in their daily work ethic: Integrity, Humility, Commitment, Respect, and Optimism.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Location: This position operates in a manufacturing plant environment.
Teamwork: This position will work with others to ensure efficiency in the workplace.
Listening Skills: This position will need to understand how to use machinery properly and safely to prevent accidents and ensure all tasks are completed accurately.
Ability to follow instructions: Managers assign tasks and responsibilities; this position should be able to follow instructions competently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in an industrial environment. Frequent climbing, walking, kneeling, reaching, and standing in indoor and outdoor industrial environments. Occasional exposure to weather, wet/humid environment, and noise. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
No travel is required for this role.
WHO WE ARE:
How will transportation and mobility evolve? What will the vehicle of the future look like – and how will those vehicles be repaired? How can the next chapter of your career contribute to solving these transportation challenges and more?
Transtar Industries is on a mission to simplify complex vehicle repair to keep the world moving.
We are a leading automotive parts distributor represented across the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, and through patent-winning software and technology, we are revolutionizing our industry.
What has remained constant throughout our 45-year history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which Transtar was founded: Commitment, Humility, Optimism, Integrity, and Respect.
A career with Transtar offers the opportunity to make an impact within a rapidly growing organization – the chance to learn, lead, collaborate, and connect with other solutions-oriented, forward-thinking professionals. We invest meaningfully in training and development, empowering you to build your future alongside ours and shape a career unique to your talents, interest, and purpose.
Transtar Industries IncBrighton, MI
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.