- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
Transtar Industries is a dynamic global leader in transmission parts and driveline-related products. We offer the broadest product range of quality OE and aftermarket parts as well as premium remanufactured products: including automatic and standard transmission units, transmission rebuild kits and components, remanufactured torque converters, hard parts, valve bodies, differentials, and transfer case kits and components. With more than 100 locations throughout United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, our distribution network reaches more than 80 countries.
We offer an excellent opportunity for not only a job, but a career with growth potential. At Transtar, we seek applicants who roll up their sleeves, enjoy hard work, thrive in a team environment, and who embody our core values of Safety, Honesty, Action, Relationship, and Product.
General Warehouse associates are an essential part of Transtar’s distribution network. They load and unload trucks, move material within the facility and from the loading platform by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, hoists, motorized conveyors, or other material handling equipment. Picking, pulling and filling orders is an essential part of our business and this position.
This position also requires individuals to stock and maintain warehouse inventory and fill outgoing orders so products are accurately pulled from stock, labeled, boxed and wrapped. There are many physical demands for this position. Individuals will spend the majority of their time standing, lifting and carrying products and climbing ladders to stock shelves and fill orders. This position includes a $300 sign-on bonus available upon hire.
FULL TIME SCHEDULE : MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM-5PM
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pull and fill stock orders for outgoing deliveries.
- Separate, label and verify the count of incoming freight deliveries.
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Use the computer system to locate products and stock incoming deliveries.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Some overtime work may be scheduled and required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Prior work experience in a warehouse or distribution center is preferred.
- Experience using a materials requirement planning system (MRP) such as AS400.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical exam, and background check screening
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers to aid in satisfying customer requirements.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations in order to accurately complete job tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks and requirements.
- $300 sign on bonus upon hire
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc.) available after 90 days.
- Paid Time Off.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Clean, safe working environment.
- Opportunities for career growth.
Transtar Industries Inc
AddressMadison Heights, MI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Transtar Industries Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?