This position requires individuals to operate a city van (not tractor/trailer) to transport materials and merchandise to assigned destinations. Drivers may be required to clean, service and maintain vehicles. Individuals must have a valid driver’s license and adhere to all state safety regulations. This position will also require individuals to load and unload product at delivery destinations and fill outgoing orders so products are accurately labeled, boxed and wrapped. There are many physical demands for this position.
Transtar Industries, LLC is a manufacturer and distributor of various automotive components. We have the best-in-class torque converters, transmissions, tools, equipment, additives and sealants. Transtar is a one-stop shop for automotive shop supplies, parts, and accessories.
We have a need for a Local Delivery Driver team member. Local Delivery Drivers are an essential part of Transtar’s distribution network. They load and unload trucks, move material from the loading area by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, or other material handling equipment. They safely operate vans/trucks in order to complete delivery to our customers in a timely manner.
Transtar is a place where fresh ideas are encouraged and heard; where balance is achieved between working smart and having fun; where your accomplishments are recognized!
WHAT YOU WILL DO WITH YOUR TALENTS:
- Customer Service and Communication with our customers and team members
- Inspect vehicle before and after delivery routes. Report any problems to the warehouse supervisor.
- Load delivery vehicle to transport materials.
- Deliver and pick up materials as assigned.
- Make collections as necessary.
- Driving the company deliver pickup truck
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Separate, label and verify the count of incoming freight deliveries.
- Locate and pull stock for outgoing deliveries.
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Use the computer system to locate products and stock incoming deliveries.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Valid Drivers License
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical screen, and background Screening
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers to aid in satisfying customer requirements.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations in order to accurately complete job tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks and requirements.
- Prior work experience within local delivery network
We offer an excellent opportunity for not only a job, but a career with growth potential. At Transtar, we seek applicants who roll up their sleeves, enjoy hard work, thrive in a team environment, and who embody our core values of Safety, Honesty, Action, Relationship, and Product.