The Outside Sales Representative will primarily be responsible for sourcing, qualifying and engaging target opportunities. The Sales Rep will research businesses throughout the United States for Truckload, LTL and Intermodal opportunities. This position will engage in selling campaigns to target accounts via in person sales calls, telephone cold calls, emails and internet marketing.
- Source leads by creatively researching the internet, trade publications, Data.com, LinkedIn, and other sources to establish a target prospect list
- Manage and direct customer interaction while using discretion and judgment to ensure customer satisfaction. Will include considerable collaboration and working with multiple stakeholders.
- Uses independent judgement on how to prospect opportunities on a minute to minute basis
- Administrative tasks including office work to perform daily duties and move clients forward in the sales process
- May require travel outside employer premises to attend client visits - up to 50% travel required
- Engage in target levels of outbound activity throughout each day (prospecting calls, emails, LinkedIn connections, conference calls, etc.) necessary to achieve minimum weekly sales goals
Education and Skill Sets:
- A minimum of 2 years of Direct or Outside Sales and a Post-baccalaureate is required.
- Prior experience with a supply chain or third-party logistics (3PL) company is a plus but not required.
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Seeking candidates who have successfully demonstrated the ability to interact with customers in person or via phone in a professional environment.
- Computer Professional. Must be able to work in multiple systems such as Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point,)
- Bilingual Preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Transportation Management Solutions
Why Work Here?TMS has over 55 years of combined transportation experience. Our expertise is in Truckload, LTL, Inter-modal, Air-Freight, warehousing, and international freight forwarding. Our hands-on-team is completely committed to insure that our customers� are provided with a personal efficient service at a cost effective level. Even during periods of tight capacity we are committed to provide the high service level that our customers expect.
Awesome President, great work environment, lofs of room for growth and great compensation and benefits!