Job Title: Dispatcher
Department: Redondo Beach
Supervisor: Project Manager- Gabi Leon
Pay Rate: TBD
Under general supervision, ensures that transportation requirements of contracted services are met in a professional and timely manner with a focus on safety by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep accurate records of each vehicle’s operating status throughout the day.
- Monitor movements of vehicles through radio, phone, and/or computer communications infrastructure.
- Assign and direct vehicle operators by radio to pickup and destination points.
- Complete all payroll and data reports as required.
- Schedule vehicle operators to cover all routes and tours.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to assign vehicles as necessary for vehicle maintenance requirements.
- Provide information and public affairs services to customers.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have three years of driving experience with one year of professional driving experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak clearly with customers and employees of organization. Must be able to be understood over radio transmissions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to learn to locate addresses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of programs within Microsoft Office and be able to learn software that supports the vehicle dispatching system.
- Must have a reliable employment history with an emphasis on attendance and punctuality.
- Must have excellent organization skills and an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of state, local and contractual transportation regulations.
- Understanding of safe driving practices and procedures.
- Establish effective professional relationships with customers, co-workers, employees, and management.
- Prepare concise and accurate records and reports
- Provide leadership to Bus Drivers, and in reasoning adeptness to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach and bend with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.