Royal Hawaiian Movers has an immediate opening for an IT Service Desk Technician. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determine and implement solutions. You will also be required to provide face to face support and so communication skills are crucial. Being a self-starter and able to work independently as the sole IT person at the facility is important.
· Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
· Experienced in upgrading and installing software and hardware as well as general upkeep and maintenance.
· Install computer peripherals for users.
· Mobile device management
· Write training manuals.
· Train computer users.
· Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
· Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
· Walk customers through problem-solving process.
· Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
· Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
· Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
· Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge and experience using Office 365
· Highly competent in the use of MS Office applications, including Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
· Basic Network troubleshooting experience.
· Active Directory Administration
· 2+ Years in IT industry experience.
· Customer service-oriented.
· Knowledge and experience with networks.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Professional communication skills.
· Certifications desired (A+, Network+ MCSA, ITIL Foundation) but not required.
· Occasional travel will be required to other company locations, primarily in the Hawaiian Islands.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- FSA Medical & FSA Dependent
- Aflac Benefits (i.e. Cancer, Life, Disability, Accidental)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled