A global company with operations throughout California is now seeking an energetic leader focused on logistics and customer service to help grow the business and guide a great team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a background in logistics. If you are motivated to succeed, we want you as a member of our team.
Assistant Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensures routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner, working with dispatch.
- Interfaces with drivers regarding concerns and performance issues; ensures driver awareness programs.
- Investigates client complaints and coordinates resolutions.
- Works with supervisors and the drivers; identifies obvious mechanical problems; monitors driver pre-trips and post-trip inspections. Other activities include, for example, random bus inspections, office cleaniliness, and shop conditions.
- Ensures achievement of on time performance goals, working with drivers and dispatch.
- Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues; participates in safety meetings. Initiates disciplinary action for drivers consistent with company policy.
- Ensures attendance is at appropriate levels.
- Assist Contractual Manager with review and resolution of union grievances.
- Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required to provide on-time coverage of routes.
Assistant Transportation Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industry or management experience a must.
- 3-5 years experience in transportation
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literacy skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanic processes and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public.
Contact us to apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer.