Transport America is looking for current college students to join our team in Operations Support. This is a fast-paced position in a professional, corporate environment. On-the-job training is provided. The ideal candidates exhibit a personal commitment to teamwork and demonstrated the ability to communicate and influence others.
Specific role responsibilities include:
- Dispatching and tracking drivers. Ensuring they have the necessary information to be safe and deliver loads successfully.
- Responding to Driver messages, problem solving and providing necessary information to enable Driver to service the customer in a timely manner.
- Communicating effectively with Customers and relaying customer requirements and expectations to the Driver. Monitoring the execution of customers' loads.
- Communicating critical information and issues to appropriate daytime employees.
- Promoting safe work activities for the Drivers.
- Current college student status.
- Strong PC and phone skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated organization skills.
- Dependable and exhibits a strong work ethic.
- Fluency in English.
About Transport America:
Transport America began operations in 1984, and in 2014 became a wholly-owned subsidiary of TFI International (TSX: TFI).
Over the past 30 years, Transport America has been providing transportation solutions to customers who demand superior supply chain services.
At Transport America our goal is simple - to deliver excellence. With over 1,500 trucks, we attract and retain the best professional drivers in the industry. We are large enough to serve our customers yet small enough to give them the personal attention they need. We offer Solo, Team, Dedicated and Regional Truckload services as well as Intermodal and Brokerage solutions that provide options to our customers and flexibility for our Drivers.
- Integrity & Respect
- Creating Success with a Positive Culture
- Passion for Excellence
EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Drug-Free & E-Verify Employer
Location: Eagan, MN, USA
Employment Type: Full Time