Hiring Over the Road Company Drivers for our Military Apprenticeship Program
New Hire Transition Bonus - Great Benefits - Consistent Miles
Transport America is excited to offer a Military Apprenticeship program to our Veterans! This is a hands-on training program where you will be assigned to a Student Driver Instructor who will be with you every mile for the first 21-30 days. This is a Student Driver Training Course so a recent CDL school graduation certificate is required. Find comfort in steady pay based on miles. Utilize your Post 9/11 GI Bill® and receive a monthly stipend from the Department of Veterans.
Our dedicated drivers benefit from talking with familiar voices and seeing familiar faces each day on the road. At Transport America we are passionate about investing in our drivers by treating them with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Pay & Benefits
- New hire transition bonus
- $3,000 referral bonus
- Starting pay as high as $0.49 CPM based on military experience
- Utilize your Post 9/11 GI Bill® and receive a monthly stipend from the Department of Veterans
- Military tuition reimbursement program available
- No charges, fees or deductions on per diem – we offer max allowance of $66/day
- Sure Pay – you audit & approve your pay on each trip
- Vacation pay
- Competitive accessorial pay
- Consistent weekly miles
- Majority of freight is drop and hook – 99% no touch freight
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Life, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan includes company match
Why Transport America?
- Dog policy
- Equipment and technology to make the job safer and easier
- Safety value with a CSA score to back it
- Veterans encouraged to apply - we recognize military service when determining pay
I’m interested. What’s next?
- Sign up for our “Best in Class” orientation by submitting an application.
- We cover transportation, hotel room & 2 meals.
- 21 years old
- Valid CDL-A
- DOT Qualified
- Must pass a comprehensive drug test
- Satisfactory safety and employment history
Interested in Driving for Transport America? Apply Now!
It is the policy of Transport America to provide equal employment and individual opportunity to all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status as protected by federal, state and local governments.