Imagine what you could do here. We are seeking a Cloud DevOps Manager to join our team! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Infrastructure Systems team are seeking a manager with strong technical skills and experience. We would love to find someone who has an extraordinary passion for architecting and managing VMs and cloud infrastructure and delivering high-quality products to a diverse audience. Are you ready to develop the best work of your life?
You will use your technical expertise to tackle engineering problems at scale and deploy globally in many different data centers. You are comfortable with rapidly-evolving designs and requirements and have excellent communication skills. Success depends on influencing other teams and understanding and controlling costs effectively. You will have a sense of customer-focused solutions that “just work,” and keep this in mind at every stage of development. You will articulate ideas clearly within our team and collaborate with development teams and application deployment teams. You have an understanding of best practices and how to work with a microservices architecture as well as knowledge of auto-scaling techniques. You understand that systems must be up 24x7x365 as well has have proper redundancy and disaster recovery solutions in place. Systems must be able to continue to run even when hardware fails so that your team can support a worldwide infrastructure in many different timezones with a small dedicated infrastructure team that has proper alerts and monitoring solutions in place at all levels of the infrastructure and application levels.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience preferred.
- You are a leader: opinionated, organized, independent, ability to influence, strong collaborator.
- You command advanced experience with AWS. Experience with Azure is a plus.
- You command technical knowledge of DevOps, IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) in public (AWS) or private cloud instances
- You are experienced with distributed shared storage and enterprise storage solutions
- You should be able to drive adoption of deployment automation, and release engineering standard methodologies
- We need you to have a detailed understanding of UNIX/Linux, preferably CentOS/RedHat derivatives
- You maintain configuration management expertise using Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Your technical communications skills (verbal and written) are well-developed.
- Good interpersonal and prioritization skills and you have a real passion for learning
- You maintain the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, hardware, and software
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented