Translational Software Mercer Island, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Program Manager, Clinical Genomics
Translational Software is an industry-leading SaaS company providing software to empower clinicians to unlock the value of genetic testing. Our customer base is made up of molecular diagnostic labs, clinical systems, health-tech businesses, and we partner with some of the smartest and most innovative genetics programs and thought leaders.
Located in the Seattle area, we are a lean team actively working to transform the way we do business, engage our customers, and enable precision medicine adoption across the healthcare industry. We are known for our consultative approach and advisory services. We encourage everybody to have a voice, make an impact, and roll up their sleeves. This is a unique opportunity to accelerate the adoption of genomic medicine.
We are looking for a highly motivated and effective Program Manager to drive program delivery of our clinical genomics products. The Program Manager will be responsible for transforming scientific concepts into marketable products by bringing forward the best ideas of subject matter experts and technical implementers. They will transform high level program roadmaps into specific actionable designs by facilitating meetings, driving specifications, and proactively managing critical issues and interdependencies. The ideal candidate thrives at the intersection of science and technology and will translate one into the other.
- Understand customer needs as well as scientific and technical advancements to increase differentiation in our products
- Define the program that will reimagine the maintenance and management of our proprietary PGx knowledge database, identifying requirements and writing specs to provide higher quality and enable our subject matter experts to make the best use of their degrees
- Develop, maintain, track, and manage pragmatic plans for optimal daily operations
- Lead programs for continuous improvement in both the quality and functionality of products
- Manage associated knowledge base and software development lifecycles for our products, including planning and organizing sprints for content and technical releases
- Coordinate between different teams and effectively and routinely communicate with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Proactively identify potential program risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Ensure objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved with exceptional quality
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related discipline with experience in information systems, data organization, and design (e.g., relational databases or information tools such as SharePoint)
- Experience or consuming interest in genetic testing, pharmacogenomics, and/or clinical pharmacology
- At least 5 years of progressive program management experience
- Proven ability to translate ideas into actionable plans and understand both high-level requirements and more detailed technical and scientific elements
- Demonstrated leadership ability to develop positive working relationships and influence others without authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Intense sense of ownership for program success with inclusiveness toward the team
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Agile process, project management tools and workspaces (e.g., Jira, Confluence), and MS Office
- Able to find the best information technology to solve the problem at hand
- Experience in a regulated field and/or quality management systems is a strong plus
- Ability to be motivated by the ambiguity inherent in a small company competing in a fast moving field
AddressMercer Island, WA
BusinessView all jobs at Translational Software