Case Manager 2 (ESG-CV) - Jefferson County
Transitional Living Services Watertown, NY
- Posted: November 22, 2021
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION!
This temporary grant position is a partnership between TLSNNY and the Jefferson County Department of Social Services. Supervision and support is provided by both agencies. The Case Manager will serve as the point of contact at JC DSS for individuals with housing instability and in need of housing related supportive services. Case Manager will develop and implement a case management plan with individuals eligible for these services and provide off-site services, as needed. The Case Manager will complete referrals to agencies providing housing services to meet the needs of the individuals, as documented in the care plan. Case Manager will provide training to other staff regarding housing stability, as needed. Case Manager will develop professional relationships with landlords in the community. Case Manager will be responsible for record keeping and documentation as required by TLSNNY and JC DSS, entering data and completing reports.
This position may require the use of personal vehicle to transport an individual when an agency vehicle is not available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Meets consistently with each service recipient to provide one on one support.
Reports to the supervisor all pertinent information concerning illnesses, accidents, untoward events, staff difficulties, repair needs, etc.
Serves as coordinator of all services the person will receive while admitted to case management services.
Develops written case management plan based on assessed strengths and individualized needs per program requirement.
Links person to all services and supports necessary to maintain stable housing.
Advocates on behalf of the individual to gain access to needed services and supports in the least restrictive setting.
Provides on-going case management services per program requirements.
Maintains adequate and appropriate written progress notes according to agency guidelines
Develops and maintains community/provider relationships. Resolves problems that interfere with self-sufficiency.
Develops professional relationships with landlords to work together to maintain housing for the individual.
Increases use of appropriate community resources.
Performs problem solving functions that overcome obstacles faced by the individual.
Ensures client records are maintained in a manner compliant with federal, state, local and agency policies, procedures and regulations.
Works within program budget
Monitors and maintains high standard of service delivery.
Collects data for statistical purposes.
Maintains client confidentiality at all times.
Follows agency policies and procedures in all program areas.
Other job related duties as assigned.
Management has the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following: child and family studies, community mental health, counseling, education, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, recreation, recreational therapy, rehabilitation, social work, sociology, or speech and hearing AND two years' experience either; providing direct services to persons with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, alcohol or substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, geriatric population; OR linking persons who have serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, alcohol or substance abuse to a broad range of services essential to successfully living in a community setting OR
- NYS licensure and current registration as an RN with a bachelor's degree AND two years' of the above experience OR
- A credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) and two years of the above experience OR
- Bachelor's level education or higher in any field with five years of experience working directly with persons with behavioral health diagnoses; OR
- A Master's degree in the above related fields may substitute for up to one year of experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain valid driver's license and provide proof of COVID Vaccination.
Transitional Living Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Transitional Living Services