Works under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON) to provide quality, holistic nursing care in accordance with nursing practice standards and health care regulations that govern the practice of professional nursing. RNs lead and direct licensed and non-professional staff in the delivery of direct resident care and support functions.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Review the resident’s medical record for specific treatments, medication orders, diets, labs etc., as for implementation and follow up.
- Communicate the department’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents and visitors when appropriate.
- Fill out and complete accident/incidents involving residents or staff and submit to the Director of Nursing.
- Complete and file assessments and all other medical record documentation as required to provide care services.
- Assist with adjusting the staffing needs of the nursing service department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Assist to develop work assignments, schedule duty hours and assist and supervise nursing staff to ensure that all personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in staff development; formally and informally monitor performance of personnel and ensure adjustments/corrections are made by using coaching, counseling and discipline methods when assigned.
- Recent acute or subacute experience preferred
- Must have current Nevada RN license
- Current CPR
- Reliable transportation
- Supervisor experience of 1+ years
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
*Resume submission required to be considered*