Crisis Intervention Specialist
Transicare Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To provide prompt face-to-face crisis assessment, crisis intervention services, crisis follow-up, and relapse prevention services for individuals in the community. The mobile crisis service provides on-site, in-person intervention for individuals experiencing a psychiatric crisis.
- Respond to all emergent calls within 1 hour in order to assure the safety of the individual and others who may be placed at risk by the individual’s behaviors.
- Respond to all urgent calls within 8 hours and provide necessary interventions to stabilize the crisis
- Incorporate collateral information into assessment and review of past treatment records (when available)
- Assess every individual for possible trauma, abuse, and neglect.
- Develop and implement an individual crisis treatment plan providing the most effective and least restrictive available treatment for each individual
- Identify and link the individual with all available services necessary to stabilize the behavioral health crisis and ensure transition to routine care, providing necessary assistance in accessing those services, and conducting follow-up and relapse prevention services to determine the individual’s status and need for further service.
- Complete appropriate assessment tools based off client presentation
- Complete safety plans for all individuals not moving to higher level of care.
- Timely documentation in the various systems must be maintained.
- Provide professional assessment, consultation and coordination
Requires a BA or MA in one of the following fields:
- Psychology, Sociology, Educational Psychology,
- Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, Gerontology
- Medicine, Physician Assistant, or Nursing or Registered Nurse
- Bilingual Candidates Preferred
Applicants who do not meet this minimum requirement will not be reviewed
Preferred candidates must have at least 2 years experience working with adults or children struggling with mental illness, crisis assessment/triage, and knowledge of community resources.
TransicareWhy Work Here?
Great leadership experience with a company that values innovation and excellent care
Transicare’s behavioral health services began in 2004 with specialized transportation and acute transitional services out of Parkland Hospital’s psychiatric emergency room to its current form specializing in community-based services to high-need clients. From the beginning Transicare has been committed to finding innovative solutions that translate current knowledge & evidence-based interventions meaningfully to those we serve. Through time and many lessons learned Transicare knows that positive recovery outcomes for high-need clients begins with an authentic treatment alliance. Consequently, our mission is to leverage the treatment alliance and evidence-based practices in a manner that tailors services to the dynamic needs of our clients as they move through their recovery process. Utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach, peers, physicians, licensed practitioners and qualified mental health professionals strive to engage our clients in a partnership to acquire the skills and resources needed to ultimately realize the purpose-driven life they deserve.
9304 Forest LaneDallas, TX