The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for providing service and clinical support to clients.
· Assist with admission and discharge process, including completion of related documentation (orientation, contraband, and clients’ personal belongings).
· Provide peer support when applicable.
· Transport and supervise clients to and from groups and activities.
· Administer urinalysis drug screenings according to company policies and procedures.
· Supervises clients with emphasis on safety and well-being, reminding clients of program rules and reporting infractions appropriately.
· May Facilitate support groups and complete all proper documentation.
· Understands the need for appropriate client/staff boundaries and maintains a strict therapeutic relationship during active treatment. Discontinues communication with clients upon discharge and inform supervisor of client contact after discharge.
· Run errands as assigned making efficient use of time and conscientiously completing all tasks.
· Provides empathetic, supportive approach to all client interactions by acting as a sounding board for the individual. Confrontation is not used; employs de-escalation techniques.
· Maintains cleanliness, assist clients to develop appropriate cleaning skills by role modeling (room checks)
· Supports Transformations mission by completing related results as needed.
• Knowledge of Client rights and treats all clients with dignity and respect in a consistent manner; adheres to federal confidentiality standards (HIPAA)
• Operate a fax/copy machine and telephone
• Operate a passenger van
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
• Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work
• Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Experience a plus
We are a drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer