- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
InterCare Psychiatric Associates is a part of Transformations Care Network, a growing family of mental health clinics serving their local communities. Our clinics provide person-centered, holistic care that utilizes evidence-based advances in neuroscience to support the therapeutic process. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality mental health care, and our mission is to make that a reality. If you have a passion for improving access, reducing stigma, and continually improving care – we want you to be part of the team!
We recognize that to deliver excellent care that transforms lives, mental health professionals need to feel supported in their work. This is why we invest in all of our employees by offering competitive pay and benefits, collaborative team settings, and a network of support. We would love to talk with you about the opportunities we have for you to grow, expand your skills, and be part of something bigger.
Provide exceptional customer service to make sure the highest quality work standards are achieved and maintained according to practice policies and procedures. Help aid providers in treating patients by obtaining information, completing testing, answering phones, monitoring vitals, and administering injections and phlebotomy. Must be friendly, upbeat, hard-working, conscientious, empathetic, and motivated at all times. Work as part of a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment.
We are currently adding a Medical Assistant to our growing team!
About the Role:
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, and information such as test results in medical records
- Prepare patient files for providers
- Prepare and administer medications/injections as directed by a physician
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
- Provide verbal medication refills to pharmacies per the request of the physician/provider
- Administer testing: GeneSight, finger stick, urine drug screen, pregnancy, venipuncture, injections, etc.
- Administer Ketamine and Spravato and monitor patients for any reactions
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner, schedule cross-trained
- Be cross-trained in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Call insurances for prior authorization and copay information
- Maintains medical supplies inventory, placing an order, verifying receipts, and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment not operating
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assist providers in administrative and/or clinical tasks
- Complete other tasks as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program or equivalent
- Desire to do a thorough job in a fast-paced environment, must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to maintain professionalism with patients and teammates in a mental health setting
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well w, with a team, especially in stressful situations
- Computer skills, familiarity with Google Drive
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential
- Familiarly with HIPAA regulations
- Creating a safe, effective Patient-focused. Patient-focused
- CPR certified or willing to become certified through an accredited program
- 1+ year(s) experience as a medical assistant
- Experience giving injections
- Phlebotomy experience (blood draws)
- Bloodborne pathogen training
- A basic understanding of clinical pharmacology and medical terminology
- Previous experience with scheduling patients, answering phones, ordering and managing supplies
- Experience working with patients who are suffering from anxiety, depression, addiction, and other mental disorders
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
Transformations Care Network
Get fresh Psychiatric Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.