The OMHC Clinical Director is responsible for oversight and partnership within the substance abuse and mental health department. They will be involved in planning, organizing, evaluating, and directing the delivery of quality client services within a behavioral health treatment program with consideration of specialized programming and services geared for behavioral health clients. This position reviews clinical treatment services and results ensure client satisfaction and evaluate the efficacy of specialized programs. They support the President and Executive Director with compliance within the organization’s standards and objectives, applicable contracts, regulations, and accreditation standards. This position collaborates with the program’s counselors and administrative staff in the daily coordination of PRP services, therapy, case management, and other services.
Reports To: Program Director & CEO
- Function as the agency’s Rehabilitation Specialist
- Directs, manages, and supervises all aspects of the clinical program.
- Oversee the timely completion of assessments, clinical admission notes, and master treatment plans for new admissions.
- Collaborates with management on all phases of program administration, program development, and scheduling.
- Assist/direct clinical meetings/case conferences with all clinical staff
- Provides leadership to the team in areas of program operations.
- Preparation and presentation of performance evaluations.
- Makes appropriate compensation recommendations, if applicable.
- Provides appropriate supervision, training for the department, and hold staff accountable for attending required training.
- Holds interviews for vacant positions and appropriately selects candidates to fill open positions.
- Monitors adherence to company, COMAR, and accreditation procedures and practices.
- Creates and supports a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the company’s policies.
- Provides support with intakes, group and individual counseling when needed
- Presentation of Research and development in areas of study
- Responsible for implementation of position focus on managing daily operations
- Collaborate with management on all areas of corporate compliance and critical incident investigations.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains clinical program policies and procedures, and modifies as necessary overall program parameters.
- Advise the CEO
- Assignment of clients to counselors
- Assist the Director as needed in the areas of the state and CARF inspections, staffing meetings, concerns, and other areas as needed.
- Consult with other agencies in the referral of clients when indicated.
- Assists Program Director with the Quality Assurance team to address Quality Improvement issues
- Assists Program Director with addressing patient grievances and incidents
- Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Health field required.
- Active Licensure as a Professional Counselor and Clinical Social Worker
- Strong knowledge of behavioral health community programs and services and homeless population
- Knowledge of principles and practices of all facets of an outpatient behavioral health facility.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Business Suite, and EHR software
Job Type: Full Time / Part-time
- LCSW-C (Required)