Sign on bonus may apply to qualified candidates!
Responsible for basic technical service on all Home Appliance products, including Refrigeration (non-sealed systems), Cooking, Microwaves, Dishwashers, Disposers, Laundry, Water Heaters and Lawn and Garden.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing technical service on Preventative Maintenance calls, rework and inspection calls, shuttling necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion for Repair Technicians, and performing on-the-job training tasks when working with a Repair Technician on call types.
Performs Preventative Maintenance Checks in the customer's home
Perform rework and inspection calls in customer's home and retail or warehouse locations
Rides with, or meets, Technician at designated location to assist on service call when assigned
Shuttles parts and supplies to technician when applicable
Provides courteous customer service
Works as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
Acts with a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments
Completes all Technician training elements within required timeframes
Meets key performance metrics and productivity goals as defined by the business
Provides knowledgeable and courteous preventative maintenance service
Looks for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
Follows the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
Receives truck stock at home If the Company vehicle is retained at the Technician's place of residence
Maintains truck stock inventory within the prescribed Company guidelines and standards
Follows the truck maintenance schedule, and keeps a clean, organized truck
Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
Performs other duties as assigned Education Requirements: None Years of Related Experience: None
- Minimum 1 year related work or school experience
- Active and valid Drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED (Graduate Equivalency Degree)
- Mechanical comfort
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Company provides service vehicle, tools, iPhone, gas card, and more
- Ongoing certification and training on new technology
Requirements of the Service Technician role include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 1 2 years of appliance repair experience, preferred
- Ability to use a computer for parts inquiries and ordering
- Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment
- Ability to perform accurate repair of customer product
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
- Must complete all technician training elements within required timeframes
- Must possess and maintain a valid state drivers license for the state in which you are applying
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
Full Time Benefits